Translate

Saturday 12 January 2013

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists….



The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists….








The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW, Maxims for Revolutionists



Be flexible.

Open minded.

More willingness would be needed and appreciated!

When you do what you can do (‘the possible’), the rest (‘the impossible’) will take care of itself!!

There are so many lessons to be learned, so many steps to be taken, so many achievements to aim for, so many goals to pursue, so many frogs to be kissed, so many standards to be held to, so many speeches, talks, seminars to be attended to, battles to be lost and won, so many tasks to be finished, etc. etc.

  • Are you living according to your standards? High? Low?


  • Are you being flexible along the way?


As I dare to say every person has certain grade of their own standards. I am living by my values and by my standards. However until very recently I have experienced myself and learned how much flexibility is required and almost necessary & needed from me in order to be living the life I want to live, on my very own grounds.

Flexibility is the power. Flexibility is the key. Flexibility is the answer. Flexibility is important, you say, of course. 

But are you living it? Truly and honestly?

Do you ever say, tell to yourself or hear yourself saying things such as:

Well, I would never do that!

I would never say that!

I would never behave like that!

I would never eat that!

I would never drink that!

I would never share that!

I would never sing that!

I would never paint that!

I would never learn that!

I would never pursue that!

I would never attend that!

I would never listen to that!

I would never hold that!

I would never finish that!

I would never speak about that!

I would never show that!

I would never go there!

I would never meet ‘that’ sort of person for such and such reason?!?


Here are exactly the occasions when you need to stop yourself and begin to think! 

Really and hard think.

Embrace IT.


Can you be, perhaps, more flexible there?

Can you reconsider?

Can you double check with your intuition / gut feeling / instinct?

Can you postpone?

Can you decide differently?

Can you see it from the other person’s point of view?

Can you step into other person’s shoes?

Can you see it through the other person’s eyes?

Can you challenge it instead?

Can you improve it?

Can you work around it in a productive way?

How else can you deal with it?

How can you be more flexible?

How can you be more open-minded?

Can you contribute in another way instead?

How can you more adjust to the situation, to the circumstance?


Do not go with the crowd!
Do not go where the crowd goes!
Do not follow the crowd!
Make your own path and then follow it!!

I am really hoping you give some thought to the today’s topic as it can enhance/improve/bring in back more passion into your life and into the lives of others……………………………………………………………….

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment