Translate

Tuesday 11 September 2012

FRIENDS AND OUR FRIENDSHIPS

FRIENDS AND OUR FRIENDSHIPS

How many REAL, CLOSE FRIENDS do you have?

I am grateful for and blessed to have a couple of friends. A few who make my life such a special and interesting one; some who rock my world!!

I bet most of us can count them with the fingers on our one hand (or a palm in case of an animal), possibly two hands/palms (if you are lucky enough!). 

Yes! Just a few, a couple of real ones.

Cherish EVERY friendship you have and keep improving them on a daily basis!!!

 And make sure you let them know how you feel about them!!

There are, actually, many ways by which you can keep in touch with you friends.

§  I have been writing/sending letters and cards (yes, actually post them by and via a snail mail!) with a very, very good friend of mine since 2007 when we both met in the USA and still going strong! To me, receiving her letters and cards from all over the world is a gift I give myself and, of course, I do make sure, she has been given the same treatment and receiving even more! I cherish this friendship completely and absolutely and it is one of those things that just make my days and put the smile on my face!

§  Personal, face-to-face contact at its best! Visiting each other, touch.

§  Phone calls

§  E-mails

§  Text messaging

§  Instant messaging / Chats

§  Social networking - Facebook updates, etc.

§  Skype

§  You will find your own way if you really, really, REALLY want to!!

If you are friendly enough, you will have friends. The point is in finding the ones that are worth fighting and waiting for. It is not about quantity but it is all about QUALITY!

Then.. there are people who kind of change or direct your life in a certain way. Those are your Soul Mates. Gifts in another words. J Be grateful for their coming into your life! Your life would stay all the same, no drastic change in particular, with NOT having them shown up on your path of your Life’s Journey! I am proud to call myself lucky in that area. I have them and I am making sure they know about it!! J

Do not take for granted any friendship that has been granted and given to you!

What ACTIONS do you take in order to keep your friendships??

Enjoy, and please post a comment to let me know what you think.
Thank you! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lucie for your strong friendship and for your blog. Reading is a pleasure, that I enjoy like a good pastry... ;)
    You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. * Reading your blog

    ReplyDelete