Translate

Saturday 29 December 2012

HOW TO SET GOALS… (FOR THE YEAR AHEAD, THAT IS!)


HOW TO SET GOALS… (FOR THE YEAR AHEAD, THAT IS!)




One of the best friends of mine asked me today (Coincidence? Nope, I don’t think so!!) how to go about setting the goals for the year 2013 and the year after and the year after and the year after and the… (you get the idea!) J

Pretty easy stuff, huh?

Well…. I did some deep, really deep-down searching and this is the baby I gave the birth to… J EnJoy!

This blog contains a lot (A LOT) points, so just to make sure it is easy to notice and apply!

So, here we go & let us begin ….

12 Areas of Balance:

1.   Health and Fitness
2.   Intellectual Life
3.   Emotional Life
4.   Character
5.   Spiritual Life
6.   Love Relationships
7.   Parenting Vision
8.   Social Life
9.   Financial Life
10.               Career
11.               Quality of Life
12.               Life Vision


Setting Goals + Shaping Your Future

Ask yourself….


ü Do I have goals that have been left unaccomplished for an extended period of time?


ü Am I truly making strides towards accomplishing my goals, or am I hindering my own effort either consciously or unconsciously?


ü Am I willing to look at things differently so that things can change?


ü Am I open to new ideas or strategies that may positively assist me in the achievement of my goals?


ü Where can I get ideas?


ü Who could help?



The 10 Simple Goal Setting Tips

1.   Be decisive
2.   Stay focused
3.   Welcome failure
4.   Write down your goals
5.   Plan thoroughly
6.   Get others involved
7.   Take purposeful action
8.   Enjoy the journey
9.   Reward yourself
10.               Review your goals








My Goals, Categorized


1.   PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT AND RELATIONSHIPS

·        What skills do I want to develop?
·        What do I want to learn?
·        What relationships do I want to create?


2.   CAREER

·        What do I want to accomplish?
·        What kind of impact do I want to have?


3.   FITNESS, NUTRITION AND FOOD FOR THE SOUL

·        What level of physical fitness do I want to maintain or achieve?
·        What can I do to improve my eating habits?
·        What practices can I partake in that will cultivate my spirituality?


4.   MATERIAL THINGS AND TIME SAVERS

·        Have I been dreaming about purchasing a new car or installing the latest home entertainment system?
·        Or do I want to hire help for household duties so that I can have more time with my family and friends?


5.   ECONOMIC

·        What income level do I want to achieve?
·        Are there investments that I would like to make within the next year?


6.   LEGACY

·        What do I want to leave behind?
·        What do I want to be remembered for?



Put your goals through the ‘’SMART’’ system:

S => SPECIFIC: is your goal too vague? Specifics help us to focus our efforts and clearly define what we are going to do. Answered by what, why, how.

M => MEASURABLE: how will you know when you have succeeded? Establish concrete criteria for measuring progress toward the attainment of each goal you set. If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it.

A => ATTAINABLE: a goal needs to stretch you slightly so you feel you can do it and it will need a real commitment from you.

R => REALISTIC: to be realistic, a goal must represent an objective toward which you are both willing and able to work. Your goal is probably realistic if you truly believe that it can be accomplished. Set the bar high enough for a satisfying achievement!

T => TIME BOUND: do you have a timeline? Putting an end point on your goal gives you a clear target to work towards.


The 7 ways to make 2013 (and beyond) AMAZING!!! ;-)

1.   Set Intentions
-     Add 'this or something better' to each intention


2.   Schedule Actions
-      Break it down into doable smaller steps


3.   Take Action
-      Take ten actions every day in the direction of making your intentions for 2013 (and beyond!!) come into reality


4.   Face Fears
-      Fear is an energy you can use. Take a deep breath and use the energy in the emotion to propel you forward.


5.   Feed Your Brain
-      Go through the catalog and get audio programs that inspire and educate you, browse internet for success literature, self-help material, and biographies that educate you, and select presentation from TED that will change your life 20 mins at a time.


6.   Set Rewards
-      Decide what you want for yourself for each intention you listed for step one about. Write it down beside the intention. Look at the list daily, preferably just before going to sleep each night. That’s a great way to deliver a ‘command’ to your unconscious mind.


7.   Get Support
-      Surround yourself with people who encourage, motivate, and inspire you. Create a mastermind group. Join a club of high achievers. Find at least one person who believes in you!!


The 10 Do-It-Now Manifesting Tips To Turn Your Intentions Into Creation:

1.   Focus on what you want
2.   Increase believability
3.   Introduce the outcome of your desire into your life now
4.   Find and break your limiting beliefs
5.   Know that you are a master creator
6.   Pay attention to your intention
7.   Take action
8.   Maintain a high vibration and feel good
9.   Be persistent!
10.               Release your attachment



Good LUCK & Never EVER Give Up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment