Translate

Friday 12 April 2013

Are the teachers always the preachers, too?!?


Are the teachers always the preachers, too?!?










This teacher / preacher relation I have been pondering over for the past couple of weeks. Especially, referring to myself, as I have been doing pretty strongly good job (strangely enough or not!) in this very area.

I like to think of myself as a teacher. Teaching mostly the younger generation, little people you may call them, children.

When I see somebody doing something, saying something, writing something or whatever anything that does not appear ‘right’ in my own eyes and mind, I feel obliged and that I have the very responsibility of noticing it in the first place and then soon afterwards reminding this person of their own deeds and responsibilities as if I was the best teacher, knowing-it-all sort of gal, who knows anything and everything that is to know and in between!!

I mean, who am I to judge? That is correct, by the way.

Have I inquired a diploma or a degree in teaching morale and discipline to my fellow human beings?

Come to think of it, the answer would be: no, not really.

How come that it is always me who is right? Taken it with the grain of salt, of course!

I have been in touch with the very nice person recently who has me ‘showing’ myself the very things and personality skills and abilities, characteristic traits in the most humble and loving ways. Not necessarily that this has been his intention, but most importantly because I have chosen to look for these very  opportunities, for the lessons, take-aways,  to take teachings and learning from and learn all at the same time (not necessarily in that order!), simultaneously, and for that I would be forever grateful!

Intentionally or unintentionally, with or without his even knowing it or noticing it at all, he has been currently the best teacher to me, the open book for me to learn from about myself.

The truth to be told, we are definitely the best teachers of that very ‘subject’ that we ourselves have to learn in order to evolve as human beings and become the best possible versions of ourselves.


And What about you??

How have you been acting/reacting?


No comments:

Post a Comment