Translate

Tuesday 5 March 2013

'Why do we always know when it's too late'?



'Why do we always know when it's too late'?












Recently I have asked a friend of mine I encountered to challenge me and pick a topic for me to write about. And my new friend was willing and kind enough to oblige! J The above subject is what he came up with and I took the bull by the horns and jumped on the wagon and begin my writing and typing away…..




Here is what my solution to his posing question/statement sounds like:


The first time I read my ‘assignment’ I was literally taken aback. 

The reason for that is that to me the expressions, such as ‘always’ and ’never’ are rarely in my own vocabulary. And the very reason for that is that those words are especially used for the ultimate terms where no other option is available.
No other way is possible.

And that to me is very straightforward, very direct. I personally believe to be very open-minded person who welcomes challenges and new things and possibilities into my life.

That being said, I was eager to proceed and dig deep down and explore the subject more and more. As I was typing away and enjoying the thrill of the writing, all of a sudden, it struck me. The whole concept of this question is already destined. What do I mean by that? Hmm, let us see:

The question itself is okay on its own terms. However, if you were just about to ask this question to someone, it would show up. And what is that, you ask? It is simple.

We call this type of question pre supposing one. The meaning of it is that this already tells you that SOMETHING IS ALREADY DONE, SOMETHING HAS ALREADY HAPPEN (even without you doing any business of your own, without any notice). 

And the circle continues….

Well, I could go on and on but I assume you are following me here, and you are here with me on the same page.  

So… I would try to twist and twirl my task and get as much juice out of it as possible! J

Well, frankly, I do not think there is any reason whatsoever that something is already destined to be (already!) late.

What are the other options here?

Everything happens for a reason and that reason is always for our very own good. Here would be one of the instances I would go ahead and use the expressions always here.

Why would we be looking into the future with the eyes and mind closed to the possibilities that may lay ahead in front of us?

Why be so closed hearted and options limited?

We need to edit and makes some adjustments here!!! Desperately, that is! J

What else is there to say and do?!?


Remind yourself of what has worked in the past!

Look fear into the eye!


To close it, I would like to end on a less (!?) significant note:


Being comfortable not knowing everything is one of the greatest gifts we can give ourselves. We'll never know everything and we don't have to! Ah, what a relief! Learning to be open to all the possibilities that life has to offer us takes practice. Often, we couldn't have even dreamed up the blessings that we deserve. In order to receive them, we must be fully willing and open to surrender our expectations. Sometimes we don't even know that we're closed off.  It can be as simple as getting stuck in a rut.  

When this feeling happens, we have to shift gears and try something new. With newness comes change, and often inspiration and guidance to our truest and most meaningful path. A visual representation of this that I like is to remove the fences (or sometimes massive stone walls) that have been built up around our minds. The walls come in the form of expectations, silly excuses and judgement. Let those walls crumble! Be open to WONDER.  

So, what do you think now?
What is your take on?
It is what you make of it!

Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment